Over two years of preparation comes down to this final week. Our targeted launch date is June 3.
We are sorting the last things here at the apartment for what the kids are taking, what our friend is picking up, what goes to charity, and finally what we're taking in the motorhome. Seems like there's a lot in the last pile that can't possibly all fit, but we'll make adjustments if we have to.
Got all our last appointments done - dentist, optometrist, vet, bank, lab-work, DMV, Tessa's groomer, my groomer. All done.
Good-bye-for-now visits with family and friends enjoyed. Paperless accounts set up. Address changed. Utility, cable and internet cancellations scheduled.
But naturally there are unexpected "issues". Everything has gone so smoothly for us that we really shouldn't be surprised. And while the timing on one end is frustrating, it's a blessing we were still "home".
The day after we returned from Lake Tahoe Bill was having trouble breathing. Urgent Care on Monday confirmed a potentially serious health problem, and he was sent home with new meds and a referral to cardiology.
Time to get serious about some lifestyle changes we have been "going to start" for far too long. By Thursday morning he was feeling 100% better and has had no symptoms since. We see the doctor tomorrow for any further instructions, but we're feeling pretty confident that there will be no delays in our launch as a result of this wake-up call.
In addition, our motorhome is waiting for one last part to complete the warranty work. Seriously, how boring would it be if it were already done? Just sitting there ready to go? Where's the excitement in that?
Regardless of these last minute challenges, we are moving into Half-Shell on Sunday. Partly because all our furniture is getting picked up that day, but mostly because we don't want to wait any longer! We'll clean the apartment on June 1, and turn in the keys.
We will officially be full-timers :-)))))))))
The work to complete on the rig doesn't keep us from being able to drive it. It doesn't have to wait at Camping World. We also have a spot to mooch-dock at a friend's lot with full-hookups here in town.
So of course we're "down to the wire" with important things pending in our last scheduled week. But we aren't letting that spoil the excitement of recognizing the dream is just around the corner. We have no reservations until July 4 in Idaho. Lots of plans in between, but when, where and how long is still flexible.
Guess I'll have to update the description at the top of the blog.......