Sunday, July 26, 2026

A Bit of May, All of June and Most of July

May 22 - July 25, 2026
Tombstone, Arizona



Thanks to Gay and Sue for getting caught up on their own blogs and giving me some much needed inspiration. While I'm not doing much of note these days, I still like to think I'll want to know what was happening. 

Jeff takes me for breakfast and a bit of wandering in Bisbee for my birthday. The Bisbee Breakfast Club (the original) is always a favorite. As is the little historic area of Lowell it has always inhabited. It came as a big surprise to learn they are moving! They'll still be in Bisbee, but on the other end of town near the big church. I'm sure the food will still be good, but it will take some getting used to! 

I've never seen a bigger door anywhere!

There's an old recording studio just around the corner that I've never noticed. So cool!

The gymnasium window with "historic" exercise equipment.

Vintage pumps for leaded gas. A tad cheaper than today's offerings.

Vicky and I find a new diner for Tuesdays - The Bit has a small and tasty breakfast/lunch menu that we enjoy several weeks in a row. 

Several of our crafts group are gone for the summer <envy>, but there's still a small group who I love seeing every week. I've found over the last few years how much I appreciate time spent with these women. 

The monsoons are definitely here and what we're all talking about. Every afternoon the clouds, thunder and wind roll in for a couple hours. Some days are more intense than others, but there's wet every day. 

Driving Bill home one afternoon I have to pull over to let the downpour pass over. It's zero visibility with wipers on high - I'm glad I know that road so well! After moving through 6 inches of water covering the road from berm to berm we reach completely dry road before arriving home. Another day I have to pull off on Hwy 90 along with a dozen other vehicles - including several state troopers with their lights flashing. They don't last long, but they're brutal.

As it started to clear....

At the house we're fortunate to not lose power even with 50 mph gusts and lots of close lightning strikes. Thunder shakes the walls and the big trees lean waaaaay over. And then it's gone.

So much water so fast.

Jeff capturs this cell moving behind the Mules.

Our neighbors (no one lives there now) haven't fared as well. Their bunkhouse roof has peeled off completely over two weeks of storms.

20 minutes after the strongest storm so far - like it never happened :-)



We're also gifted with gorgeous skies.

In addition to rain, the wind brings dirt and dust, stripping paint and felling trees in town.


The heat and storms aren't outside-activity-friendly, but I check out a desert nursery in nearby Vail one morning. Four Arrows Garden is a lovely place with a large variety of happy, healthy plants. The addition of landscaped vignettes and children's play areas makes it a fun stop. I will be back to shop when it's cool enough to think about planting something in the yard!

Nice views.



So yeah, not much happening this summer, but life goes on and the desert keeps us entertained. 

The Gravel kids and grands get together in SoCal for the July 4th holiday. Lots of fun had by all. 

Oliver looking handsome, and ready to be a big brother in the near future.

Cassidy creates self-art.

Ezra and Elliott enjoy Blueysicles on a hot day.

Henry mastering the rope climb.



No comments:

Post a Comment